A site dedicated to modding the A500 Mini...

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Config / Options & ReMap Files - Downloads

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Amiga Mini Man

Amiga Mini Man
Admin

This download section contains links to collections of pre-made game config (.cfg) option (.opt) and game controllers remap (.rmp) files for various different games systems...

You can of course create your own but here you will find configs and remaps for games for many system that I personally use and have created to be what I hope are the perfect ready made config and remap files to get the best out of each game on your A500 Mini thus saving the end user the time and effort it takes to manually create the perfect configs for each game...

Feel free to download any of these configs/ remap files and modify them to suit your own personal needs and indeed improve upon them if you can then share your configs and remaps with everyone else if you wish...

Each zip file contains a number of config & remap files for each games systems. Not every single game is covered of course (just the ones I personally use) but I will add more as time goes on...

NOTE: As many end users will probably have their own way of naming games on their set up, then to use any of the pre-made config/ option & remap files it will require the end user to either match/ edit their games  to the exact names used by myself or alternatively match/ edit the config/ option and remap filenames to match the name of the games as named on your own set up...

NOTE: All the pre-made games ReMap files I have created are based on using the standard (or similar) stock controller that comes with your A500 Mini (in my case that includes the very similar type of controllers wired or wireless that I use on my SNES Mini consoles). If you are using for example any other types of controllers that have analogue joysticks on them such as "PS1", "N64" or "WII" controllers etc... then you will have to manually create your own remaps for those type of controllers as they are not something I personally own or use...

Examples Of How To ReName/ Match Your Games Config/ Option & ReMap Files Correctly...

In order to use my pre-made config/ options & remap file for individual games then due to the way RetroArch works the end user will have to either rename their games to match the names of the config, option  & remap files (which is the simplest & quickest solution) or rename each config, option & remap file to match exactly the names which your games may be named as...

The quickest method (renaming your games filename):

Let's take for example the Amiga game called "Deluxe Galaga" (which is included in the release)...

On my set up the game is called "Amiga -Deluxe Galaga.hdf", so when I create custom config/ option and remaps for this game in RetroArch it will create the following files for it...

"Amiga - Deluxe Galaga.opt" (the games option file)
"Amiga - Deluxe Galaga.cfg" (the games config file)
"Amiga - Deluxe Galaga.rmp" (the games remap file)

So if your version of the game was called for example "Deluxe Galaga V2.6.hdf" then all you would have to do is simply rename the actual games filename to "Amiga - Deluxe Galaga.hdf" and that will then mean it will automatically find and use the correctly named pre-made config, option & remaps files that I have created for it...

-------------------------------

If however you want to keep your games name as it is (in this example that being "Deluxe Galaga V2.6.hdf") then you would need to manually rename the config, option and remap files for it as follows...

"Amiga -Deluxe Galaga.opt" needs to be renamed as "Deluxe Galaga V2.4.opt"...
"Amiga -Deluxe Galaga.cfg" needs to be renamed as "Deluxe Galaga V2.4.cfg"...
"Amiga -Deluxe Galaga.rmp" needs to be renamed as "Deluxe Galaga V2.4.opt"...

-------------------------------
This as you can gather will take you more time to do than simply renaming the games actual filename. The choice is yours though when it comes to using pre-made config/ option and remap files as of course not everyone names their games in the exact same manner...

There's no real way round this as it's simply the way RetroArch creates config, option and remap files which it basis their names on the actual filename of the game itself...

Only other attentive is that when you download pre-made game config/ option and remap files created by others is that you load them into a text editor/ viewer then in RetroArch itself load & run the game and then manually use all the different config, options & settings in RetroArch and copy the settings for the game from its settings in the text viewer...

It's not really a complicated process to do, just more time consuming than anything else but it's unfortunately something you need to do if you want to use pre-made configs that other people have created... 

~~~ Download Links ~~~
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A Collection Of Over 600 Commodore 64 (C64) Game Option (.opt) & Config (.cfg) Files For Use With the Vice x64 Xtreme Core...

VICE Xtreme x64 C64 Game Config & Option Files.zip

A Collection Of Over 600 Commodore 64 (C64) Game Controller ReMap (.rmp) Files For Use With the Vice x64 Xtreme Core...

VICE Xtreme x64 C64 Controller ReMap Files.zip

Last edited by Amiga Mini Man on Fri 11 Nov 2022, 13:38; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Download links for Pre-Made ReMap and Config/ Oprion/ Settings files for various game systems you may find useful...)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum